good and the bad
|This week's news in brief!
|Submitted: 07 Jun 2001
Firefighters evacuated residents in Juniper Road as a shed containing a 25kg propane gas cylinder caught fire. The cylinder did not explode.
Man in Amanda Close, Chigwell, found deadtwo months after he died.
Heathcote Clinic was gutted by fire after young vandals set fire to a dustbin. It has been a target for graffiti and broken windows.
Downshall Primary School teaching quality has been described as 'very good', cultural studies 'excellent' by OFSTED inspectors.
The price of semi-detached properties in the borough have increased by £40,000 over the last year, and terraced hourse £20,000, according to HM's Land Registry Report.
Ex-prime Minister of Bangladesh visited Meghna Grill, a restaurant in South Woodford.
Mobile phone company Orange will visit the Town Hall to try to convince people that mobile phone masts are not dangerous. That would be amazing as there is no scientific evidence that it is not. If anyone went, I would be interested to know what they said.
Have something to say on this story? Yes? Well add your comment here now!
[Add your comment]
Click to view all news stories